Frequently Asked Questions & Answers
We have gathered below some of the most frequently asked questions posed by job applicants.
Can I fill the application and CV in English?
- Your application and CV must be in Finnish. Instructions for applying can be found here.
How long does it take to process my application?
- For most of our open job positions, we process arriving applications while the job posting is still open.
- The processing time varies depending on the position, and that is why we can’t estimate the processing time.
- We phone or send an email to all job applicants who have applied for an open position.
Do I need to fill a separate application for each open position that interests me?
- If you are interested in more than one job position, it’s enough that you fill a form for the position that interests you the most and type in the open field text box all the other positions for which you are applying.
Can I send my application by email or by post?
- We can only process applications sent through our online application service (Keikkanetti).
Can I visit your office to fill and send a job application?
- We publish all the open positions on our website. The easiest and the most convenient way to apply is to use your home computer.
- There are two self-service computers in the lobby of our office available for browsing our open positions and submitting job applications. You can find the street address and a map here.
Do you offer jobs that require no training or formal education?
- Not all of our positions require a certificate of vocational competence. For example, it's possible to work in education or in food or cleaning services with sufficient work experience. Our job postings mention the level of work experience and training required.
- We also offer familiarization; a period during which you learn the practicalities of working in the position for which you want to apply. We publish available familiarizations as job postings. You may apply for familiarization in the same manner as for a job.
I’m not a citizen of Finland. How can I start working at Seure?
To apply, a foreign job applicant needs:
- A Finnish personal identity number
- A bank account of a natural person
- A passport or other official photo identification which reveals the person’s nationality.
- Additionally, citizens of non-EU and non-EEA countries must prove their right to work (stated in residence permit card).
- We also demand a level of Finnish language skills that is adequate to perform work tasks.
- Read more:
What are the age limits for working in Seure?
- We don’t have an upper age limit. Only some of the jobs at HUS hospitals have an upper age limit of 72 years.
- Seure hires employees who have passed the official retirement age exclusively for on-demand work, not for longer employment periods.
- Our principle is that we don’t hire employees under the age of 18.
Does Seure provide language training?
- We don’t currently offer language training.
How will I be informed about available work shifts?
- After Seure has employed you, you can browse available work shifts in Keikkanetti. Log in to Keikkanetti using your username (4–6 digits) and password. Read more in our Keikkanetti user guide.
Where can I find a guide for Keikkanetti mobile app?
What is the best way to contact Seure?
- You can send your job application without contacting Seure. In case you encounter any problems as a job applicant, you may call the number 09 329 73300 (Mon-Fri 12:00pm to 2:00pm) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Check exact contact details and opening hours.
- Employees can contact us through Keikkanetti by sending hotline messages.
- We can’t help you on Facebook or on other social media platforms if it involves handling sensitive personal information (such as personal identity number or tax number).